About Me

My photo
I'm a happy go lucky free spirited hopeless romantic! Far from being perfect but I love to be in love and love to be loved! I try to do right by others and myself. I just want to live a Happy life full of Love and create wonderful memories =)

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow

What I want

I cannot say

My beliefs

I hide away

Holding back

I scream inside

I open up

And out spill lies

To cover up

The mess I've made

Because what I want

I cannot say...

I wrote this poem back in 2008 after I had fully come out to my family that I was gay. It was one of the hardest things I've had to do in life. But its definitely been the best thing I've done for myself. At times I wish being who I am was easier. There was a time I thought perhaps I could be bi or that being a lesbian was just a phase. But the truth is this, I Love the presence, the smell, the taste, the touch, the companionship and understanding of a Woman. Nikki is the only person in the world that I want to share the rest of my life with. I love her in all ways possible and we're not even an item anymore. Now that I know what I want in my life and I'm no longer afraid to say it.

What I Want

Is to be Loved

For Who I Am

To be Thought of

To Live a Life

Filled with Laughter

To Pursue My Happily Ever After

I Am Your Daughter

Sister, Family, Friend

So Please do not let My Happiness

Be Our End

Love is Love

I know this True

Because No Matter What Happens

I Still Love You

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Thanks for sharing your poetry, babe. I love to read it. Even though things didn't work with Nikki, I know you'll find someone else to enjoy completely, in time. I am so proud of you for doing the very difficult thing, the thing that most people will never face...telling the truth, putting yourself out there, truly. Let the chips fall where they may was your attitude and I'm proud of who you are.